Friday, July 17, 2009

Ning

I found an excellent Ning network run by Acoustic Guitar magazine with free lessons, etc. This was quite impressive. Many of the other interests I put in didn't seem to have a lot of hits.

I can see the point of Ning for an easy way to create a branded social network for a library, etc. It might be worth experimenting with, but one wonders just how many networks people can be expected to join before fatigue sets in. I am not going to take the time to sign up and look for library-related NINGs, but there is some potential there. Again I am a bit skeptical that a whole lot of people are going to want to add yet another social network to their facebook, and myspace portfolios, but maybe I am underestimating what people are interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment